Hairspray
Connecting the split-ends...

5 In Blindsight: Just my liddle opinion.

Category: By caeri
5 In Blindsight: Just my liddle opinion.

Firstly, I would like to say well done on a superb piece of writing. But (and here comes the but) I have some serious problems with your argument. For someone who has such a “defined identity”, it doesn’t make sense that you contradict yourself a lot. You say you “want to fit in” and yet you have a problem with people hanging out with others just like them. Is that not what fitting in is about? Another thing is that you yourself put people in categories; “the jocks with the jocks and nerds with the nerds”. Labelling people in this way is such a high-school mentality, and many people at Rhodes fall into this trap. Contrary to high-school, I have found that Rhodes is more accepting. Here, you are ‘you’, and not part of a clique. Sure, you may hang out with people who share similar tastes in clothing, music and mentalities, but unlike high-school you can appreciate that everyone is different, and stereotypes don’t fit. And here at Rhodes the playing field is more level; no-one gets ostracised for what they do or do not wear- everyone is free to make their own choice. For me, Rhodes has exceeded my high expectations and I wouldn’t change places with the girl wishing her time away at home.
Just my opinion!
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?