Hairspray
Connecting the split-ends...

Pink Monkey goes bananas over ‘varsity jitters’

Category: , By 'SisVic'
Confused feelings of anxiety and excitement are common when starting university life. While I described this feeling as a volcano erupting inside of me, Pink Monkey, felt similarly, posting on her blog ‘Bungee my life’, that feelings emerging before taking the plunge into university is much like the days before going “bungee jumping”. I spoke of the eagerness in which first year’s like to tackle new experiences, Pink Monkey related this to the trip from the “bungee jumping platform to just before the bungee cord is pulled taut”. This weightlessness, I interpreted in my own letter as the lack of thoughts of consequences. Pink Monkey says the moment “before you reach the bottom of your jump for the first time you start to stress slightly”. This was the next morning for me, after we’ve made some regrettable decision, our minds overflowing with the bad odour of guilt, just before the bungee cord yanks us back into the real world, where we have to face the consequences.

‘SisVic’
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?